Plastic Halloween decoration caused fire at Frome house

A TEALIGHT placed in a plastic Halloween decoration at a house in Frome ended in a call to the fire brigade.

Crews were called to a mid-terraced house in Wallbridge Avenue at 5.15pm on Tuesday evening (October 31) after reports of a fire in the dining room of the property.

“The fire was caused by a candle tea light placed inside of a plastic Halloween skull,” a spokesperson for the Devon & Somerset Fire and Rescue Service said.

The room was five percent damaged by the fire, with 60 percent smoke damage, they added.

“Crews extinguished using two breathing apparatus, one hose reel jet, one safety jet, thermal imaging camera and a positive pressure fan,” they said.

“The cause of the fire was accidental.”

It is understood no one was hurt in the incident.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

I am the editor in chief of Blackmore Vale media, which includes the New Blackmore Vale, New Stour & Avon, Salisbury & Avon Gazette and the Purbeck Gazette, having been a reporter for some 20 years. In my spare time, I am a festival lover, with a particular focus on Glastonbury. I live in Somerset with my wife and two children.